Before commencing medical school, each student must recognize and plan for the financial realities of his or her decision to enter a four year university program, which will culminate with an MD degree. Besides tuition fees, there will be expenses of textbooks, study guides, computer costs, basic medical instruments, hospital/clinical fees, probably travel and possibly room and board.
In order to pay for medical school, some students attempt to balance work with being a medical student. While not an ideal way to obtain high scores in medical school, this option is sometimes the only one available for students. Balancing work and medical school requires a high degree of student discipline as well as total cooperation from appropriate family members.
IUHS School of Medicine tuition fees are listed below and are subject to change. Students who maintain their active enrolled status are not subject to any future increases in Pre-Clinical Medical Sciences Program tuition fees. Note that hospital/clinical fees, textbooks, study guides, computer-related expenses, travel and room & board costs are not included in IUHS tuition fees.
Effective for students beginning classes in September, 2016
Pre-Clinical Medical Sciences Program (Years 1 and 2 – Total of 11 blocks): Tuition fees are $31,680 total for the two years of Pre-Clinical Studies.
Clinical Rotations (Years 3 and 4 – Total of 80 weeks): Administrative Tuition Fees are $19,000 for the 2 years of Clinical Rotations. There is a discount for full up-front payment and alternatively payment plans are available. Hospital or clinic imposed tuition fees are the direct payment responsibility of each student. These charges may range from ‘near zero’ per week to $400 per week depending upon the nature of each clinical rotation site.
Other University Fees
- IUHS student photo ID card: The first card no charge. Replacement card is $25
- Annual 2016 Information Technology Fee for all students including on LOA $500
- Exam Deferral Fee $250
- Retake Exam (Blocks 1-8) $500
- Retake Blocks (Academic Probation Students): $1000
- Fourth Attempt Fee (Academic Review Students):$3,200
- Exit Examination: $500
- Sponsorship of the 2nd or subsequent attempt of a USMLE: $150
- Official Transcript (other than one copy at graduation): $25
- Completion of loan documents: No Charge
- Attestation fees of any document: $200 (minimum)
- Certified True Copies $50
- Notarization of any document: $50
- Graduation Diploma: No Charge
- Replacement of Graduation Diploma: $250
- Graduation Ceremony: Subject to circumstances
- Replacement of Graduation Diploma $250
- Completion of any documents post-graduation: $100
- St. Kitts Fee: $250 per year
All services include delivery by regular postal services. If delivery by courier service such as FedEx, DHL, TNT etc. is required, students will be billed at cost plus a handling fee.
All of the above noted fees and charges must be paid in advance by check, credit card, wire transfer, direct deposit or PayPal.